Friday, August 31, 2012

Essence Modern Romance

Hi everyone! I have another Essence Colour & Go polish to share with you today. Modern Romance is a pale, pastel peach with pink shimmers.






The pink shimmer that is so pretty in the bottle unfortunately doesn't show up much once on the nails. The formula for this is somewhat runny and streaky, making application a little difficult. The thin, runny consistency has a tendency to pool around the edges of the paddle brush, no matter how many times you wipe along the neck of the bottle. This resulted in coverage that was thin in the middle and thick along the edges with every swipe of the brush. I did two coats for the swatches, and you can still see some bald spots, so it can definitely benefit from a third coat.

You can find Modern Romance at Ulta, HEB, and Fred Meyer for $1.99 for 0.27 fl oz.

** This post contains a product that was provided to me by the company for honest consideration. How I obtain the products does not influence my opinion. For more info, please view my Disclosure Policy.

25 comments:

  1. Pretty color, its a shame it has a tricky formula!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like the color! Yes, too bad about the formula for sure.

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  2. Too bad that the shimmer doesn't leave the bottle - it would have been a gorgeous detail. But the color looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also wish the shimmer would be more prominent on the nail, but I'm glad you like it on me. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love this color! I think I would buy it even if it has a tricky formula~!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm glad you like it! The color is really pretty. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  4. this is definitelyyyy the kind of color i get excited about! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pastels and their annoyyyyying formulas... D: This is so pretty, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty and feminine colour! That's too bad that it was difficult to apply though ... it's annoying when lighter colours need at least 3 coats for complete opacity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh is that a new packaging? the colour and go that i have are not in those SEXY bottles :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a new bottle and brush design. If you are interested, you can find a comparison of the old vs. new here:
      http://thepolishhideout.blogspot.com/2012/08/essence-ultimate-pink.html :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  8. Pretty- too bad about the shimmer not showing up on the nail, though! I hate when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like the color! :) I wish the pretty shimmer in the bottle is more visible on the nails too.

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  9. Hmmm sad the application was so difficult, because I could use a pretty pretty thing like that on my stash...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm if you like the color enough, maybe that will overcome the diffcult application. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  10. wow gorgeous color! i love nude pinks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is like the most perfect pink ever! My Ulta didn't have this one in stock when I went but I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the color! Hopefully your Ulta will get this in soon! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  12. not usually a big fan of pink nail polishes but this colour is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...