Monday, September 30, 2013

Salon Perfect Ivy League

Hi, you guys! Hope you had a great weekend, and your week is off to a good start. My weekend was incredibly lazy. It's been rainy and gloomy and dark, so I haven't felt like doing much at all. I need to move somewhere sunnier lol. :D

Today, I'm going to continue with another color from the Salon Perfect First Look Fall Collection. Ivy League is a dark mossy green with fine olive green shimmers in a metallic finish.






With Salon Perfect Matte Fx Top Coat

It's one of those naturesque colors that makes me think of tall mature trees in a forest with the canopy shielding out most of the sunlight. This is quite dark on the nails; not yet black, but it's getting close for me. The shimmers are subdued by the dark base and show up best under direct light. The formula is good for the most part. It's a little on the thinner side, but still easy and smooth to apply, and two coats gets the job done.

You can find Ivy League exclusively at Walmart stores for a retail price of $3.98 for 0.5 fl oz.

** This post contains product(s) provided for honest consideration.

29 comments:

  1. This looks great on you. I love these strange blackish greens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like it went perfectly with your weather! Sometimes lazy rainy weekends are nice and cozy :)' Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe true, it's nice to have a weekend in. Thanks, hope you have a great week too! <3

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful, but I agree, almost a bit too black for me. I still quite like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shade. I don't know if I like it better shiny or matte.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the color! I think it looks great either way. :)

      Delete
  5. That is a gorgeous dark green, perfect for fall and winter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely one of those dark greens for when the weather gets colder. :)

      Delete
  6. Come move to Southern California. It's always sunny here. :)

    Love this shade on you. I like how it's almost black but not quite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a vampy polish, I love it because it's rare to see such a shimmery green like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it's a very unique shade of green. I'm glad you like it! :)

      Delete
  8. This screams "fall"! What a shade! Shame that it has to lean so far into the black...but pretty nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it. It's a little on the darker side for me, but I still like it too. :)

      Delete
  9. Wow, what a perfect fall green. Like walking in a dark forest at night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is pretty! It reminds me of Zoya Suvi, which I just gave to my little sis and have been kind of regretting, lol. It's been stormy for the last few days here, too, but I'm rather enjoying it this year, which is odd... I miss loving the heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe it's sweet that you gave your Suvi to your sister. I'm glad you're enjoying the weather. I just wish it wasn't so dark, you know? I don't mind storm or rain or cold, but why is it so dark here? Grrr. *whines* lol. :D

      Delete
  11. Its a bit dark but the shimmers really make the colour stand out :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eeek! You are killing me with all of these wonderful vampy fall colors! I love it! lol.
    \(^o^)/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sally Hansen has an Ivy League, but I'm loving this one so much more! Looks great on you <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that's an unexpected gem! Love the dark mossy green colour! It's gorgeous! I think it would be great to wear during times when we'd want dark blackish nail colour but something a little more than just black/dark! :D Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm so glad you're a fan of this! It's definitely perfect for a day when you just want a hint of color against a dark polish. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...